Playmysong - Mobile social jukebox
With Playmysong you can control the music around you. Our mobile apps put a powerful controller in your pocket, allowing you to request songs at Playmysong powered bars and parties. Our iOS &
Our co-founder and CTO Timo Kari had the original idea for mobile jukebox already 8 years ago. While developing his skills as a developer he kept the idea under the wraps until 2010 when he met the co-founder and CEO Rami Korhonen. With both founders having background in mobile tech and music, they built the vision for the “foursquare of music” and launched Playmysong as a company in the fall of 2011. After launching the Playmysong Spotify app and Mood Media partner integration in 2012 the company has seen over 40.000 social jukeboxes activated around the world. With paying bar and venue customers from 10 countries and key partner integrations in place, Playmysong is starting its bigger international expansion in 2014.
Vår affärs- och marknadssituation
Winner of PitchHelsinki 2013 live crowdfunding event with 24.941€ raised in 16 hours.
Millions of music loving people visit millions of bars and parties every day and hear music from impersonal random or pre-made playlists. We think that people deserve more and that's why we built Playmysong, the mobile social jukebox app, which does two things:
- It works as your free personal remote control for music in parties and venues that use Playmysong.
- You can host your own social jukebox with Spotify's music library or your own music catalogue. Over 40.000 locations have already used Playmysong.
PROBLEM WE SOLVE
Music in parties, bars, coffee shops, events and sports facilities is mostly based on impersonal random music. We allow people to personalize their music experiences everywhere they go.
Bar managers would like to see their customers spending more time in their bars and to bring their friends to get more business. Playmysong makes people stay longer when they can enjoy their favorite drinks with their favorite music and through our social features people in bars can tell their friends where they are and what great music they listen to right now. In the USA we also offer the Playmysong NSM Jukebox service that allows bars to earn direct revenue from song requests.
Our current business model is based on the following services:
- Selling $39/month Playmysong Pro subscription to businesses wanting to enhance their music with our social jukebox service globally. Playmysong helps bars to increase revenue with customers staying longer, spending more on drinks and telling their friends about the bar via our social sharing features. We have a growing customer-base with paying customers already in 10 countries and we will soon launch more advanced services with higher price-points for our existing and new customers.
- Providing the free Playmysong NSM Jukebox service in the USA, which gives bars the chance to earn $0.1 per every paid $0.5 song request that bar customers make. Currently in beta and will be launched in early 2014. This business model will create a scaleable revenue stream as a single night in a popular location can generate hundreds of dollars to be shared between us and music right holders.
- Providing custom brand campaigns for companies wanting to engage consumers with music in social events and locations.
We leverage integrations and partnerships to speed up our growth. We already have a partnership in Finland with Mood Media, the world's largest in-venue music system provider with over 500.000 venue-customers worldwide, and NSM Music, the leading digital jukebox manufacturer, in the USA. We plan to take this and other similar partnerships global later this year.
On the private side we have already integrated with Spotify and Deezer and will continue developing these integrations to make Playmysong the way music is listened to in parties and get-togethers. Over 40.000 locations have already used Playmysong and this number will grow even faster after we launch our new integrations.
- We make sure that a Playmysong jukebox can be launched with almost any internet connected device.
- We don't license music ourselves, but do smart integrations and partnerships instead. Our Spotify app is our flagship product for consumer use and our Mood Media integration is our flagship product for B2B use.
- We have a unified consumer experience for the people enjoying music in bars and parties.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Download the attached document: Invesdor_Equity_Crowdfunding_SHA_12.11.2013.docx
Fill in your information, sign, scan and email to: [email protected]
If you are interested in investing more than 30.000€, then we are open to discussing specific SHA terms for the investment. However, the company valuation of the funding / share price is non-negotiable and will be the same for all investors. For discussions on specific SHA terms, please contact CEO Rami Korhonen /
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the one day equity crowdfunding round completed on November 20th 2013 is still being administratively processed and thus the company's amount of shares may change slightly from what's being being informed in this investment opportunity.
CEO and co-founder Rami Korhonen has co-founded three mobile tech startups since 1999. His first startup Small Planet created a mobile chat platform with 1 million users and raised over 3 million € in funding. He also sings in the punk rock band Fumble (www.fumblerock.com).
CTO and co-founder Timo Kari has developed iOS and Android apps for Finland's biggest media companies. He plays guitar in the indie pop rock band 70 vierailijaa (www.70vierailijaa.com)
Both Timo and Rami are hard working tech enthusiasts who love music and believe that everyone should be able to enjoy their favorite songs even when there is no band or DJ playing.